8.9.09

Everyone else is doing it...

...so I decided to start a blog because I realized that my observations about the culture and people of Spain are too priceless to keep to myself. And even though I love it here, I've decided that my first post should be about all the things I dislike in Spain, because its way more interesting to complain than it is to list the things that me encanta:

1. I really hate that the concept of iced coffee is strange and bizarre to Spaniards. It is currently 5pm and 97 degrees. WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO PUT FROZEN CUBES OF WATER IN YOUR BEVERAGE?

2. The weather. In the past week, I've sweat more than all the runners in the Boston Marathon combined. Gross.

3. Staring. It's rude. And seriously, abuelo, does staring at a woman walking down the street work for you? Do you think that whistling will get you a date? Or even better, ¿tu tiene un rollo con yo?

4. The language barrier- sometimes I literally try so hard to understand what is going on that I give myself a headache.

5. The abundance of jamón. Today, we saw ham-flavored Pringles. That is just unnecessary. And they are really sneaky about using it... just like tuna. Why would you ever mix tuna fish with pasta sauce? How does that make sense?

6. The fact that my credit card company entirely disregarded my phone call to them telling them that I would be using my card in Spain and are probably trying to cancel it right now. Well, hopefully the payment for my trip to Lagos went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment