Two. Sang a little song called "Sk8r Boi". Kids learned words like "baggy" (referring to pants), punk, and of course learned to properly spell Skater. I never got a chance to tell them Avril is from Canada, but I really wanted to.
Three. Still working on the New Year's Resolutions. One girl said, "In 2010, I am not going to kill anyone." Can't wait to see what 2011 brings to the table.
Four: I switched two of my classes, so I did not have English with one of my favorite groups. Later, I had biology. They were legitimately heated that I was not in class with them. One of the girls came running up to me, pulling on my arm, "Jacqui, Jacqui, where WERE you this morning?" This is called being the most popular teacher at school.
Five. This was yesterday, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I worked with the bachillerato for the first time (there are four years of ESO, not sure what that stands for, then two years of bachillerato. I think bachillerato are like the kids who are going to college. Confusing). So these kids are like 17-18 years old and are reasonably intelligent.
Student: How old are you?
Me: 22. How old are you?
Student: For you... 25.
Kid's got game.
No comments:
Post a Comment