18.1.10

trip planning

I have always loved to travel. I love getting on a plane. I love takeoff. I don't even mind turbulence. I do hate waiting, but I guess I am allowed to have a single flaw.

The best part about living in Europe is the flights. I have recently discovered the normal price for a trip to Barcelona is 19 Euro (one way). Seriously the hardest part for me is to figure out where I want to go (and saving enough money, but I mean.... its January. In Spain. Hellloooooooo rebajas y ofertas! aka sales, you neanderthals who can't speak Spanish.)

I can't believe how much history and geography are failing me here though. One time, my kids had to memorize the capitals and countries of all the members of the European Union. Of course, I had to be the one to read them off the map- and no lie, I had no idea how to say them in English, 'cause I don't think I have ever seen or heard of them before.

Here, friends... learn with me everything that Green Meadows, North Street School, Tewksbury Memorial High School and a bachelor's degree at U. of Rhode Island failed to teach me.



Hey, did you know that Prague is not a country? It's located in some place called Czech Republic. I know that approximately 87% of the things I say are sarcastic... but this was, sadly, news to me. But flights are only 130 Euro round trip! To a recently discovered country!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one: Hofstra University (a high ranking US university... who knew?! Not me!) had written on my transcript that I studied in CZECHOSLOVAKIA and when I called them to have it fixed they told me I was wrong and should consult my atlas.

    Sigh. It finally got fixed two years later.

    ReplyDelete