26.2.10

Ch131 = Lifesaver

So my go-to website right now (after facebook, obviously. Have you ever had that experience where you are trying to search for a different website, and automatically typed in f-a-c-e-b-o-o-k? Yeah. Me neither) is ch131.com.

For some reason, tv networks like ABC, NBC, CBS all frown upon internationals viewing television. Also, Hulu doesn't work here, though I heard they are going to the dark side of paid membership soon anyways. I cannot emphasize how disappointing this is to me. Its the last season of Lost! How will I ever find out how they arrived on the island?! I need to find out when Jim and Pam's baby is born! THESE PEOPLE ARE MY FRIENDS. (Yeah, I understand how that sounds. Not my fault I forge emotional connections with fictional characters.)

But, luckily, there is a lifesaver available, known as ch131.com. The day after a show airs, it posts all the most recent tv shows. This way I have been catching up on my television, and even getting emotionally involved with new friends, like Community. Best of all, they post bootleg movies. So really I can get my daily dose of Americana, even from miles and miles away. I'm sure this is such an intelligent idea and even without commercials, that this will be shut down in only a few more months.

No matter how miraculous ch131 is, they do have a few faults. For example, I can't watch the Olympics (I don't think Spain is making a great showing there anyways. That's something to think about- imagine how less exciting the Olympics would be if, when watching, we didn't naturally assume American dominance. I think that would sound arrogant if everyone else didn't assume American dominance as well.) and they didn't have the Jersey Shore available. If only these two things were remedied, it would truly be the perfect website.

No comments:

Post a Comment