15.2.10

costa del sol? more like costa de la lluvia

I know all of you New Englanders are just basking in your snow days (with Carruthers gone, its a whole new regime, hmm URI?) and President's Days (its not like they're celebrating forty years of Franco over here, okay?) and Black History Months (see the below post with the apparently socially acceptable facepaint) and whatever else to make the most dreary month of the year pass by a little smoother.

Well, here on the Costa del Sol we are thoroughly enjoying an unprecedented amount of rain. Sure, these Andalusians tell me how great it is, how they normally have such bad droughts and lack of water in the summer, but they are not seeming to understand that I leave in June, and I've always been more of a "small picture, especially if that picture concerns me" type of girl. 

Look, my first two paragraphs consist of only three sentences. English teacher. Poor kids. 

Before every nor'easter, everyone knows: go to the grocery store. (And every college student knows: go to the liquor store.) Unfortunately, I haven't been checking the weather lately because it pretty much depresses me. So today's 40 mph winds were a bit of a surprise, as was the torrential downpour.

A delightful vista from my window. 


Umbrella casualty. 


Swimming pool. 

I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot and that is because I absolutely am. But also remember that in a month or two I will be going to the beach everyday and ABSOLUTELY will be rubbing that in your faces. Also, keep in mind that my only form of transport are my feet or the bus (and to get to the bus, I would have to use my feet for 25 minutes). And yesterday was Sunday and the grocery stores are closed on Sundays... 

What I'm trying to say is that right now, for three girls, we have two pieces of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment