Now, I am not sure that I want to have children anyway, because they make me nervous and I am incapable of taking care of myself, let alone another human being. But, if I were to marry a Spanish man, there is a huge probability that our child would also be Spanish. And since working in a high school, and seeing them on the streets and beaches and doing whatever children do, I think there is no way I could ever deal with owning a Spanish child.
They are LOUD. And rambunctious. In the halls, there are always children throwing books, notebooks, bags, other children all over the place. They run, they scream, they barely speak English - they are just so much noisier than American children. There are just no consequences for their actions. It's very much a culture shock to see how they behave.
But I will give the niños some credit. They do sound a lot more precioso when just passing by them in the street. Or is that just because I don't understand what they're saying? And they are definitely cuter than American kids, but they could definitely calm down with the amount of overalls they wear.
Also, maybe they could start leashing their children in the calles?
But I think that there is such a huge cultural divide that marrying a Spaniard would be utterly ridiculoso. I always say that I will make someone a terrible wife someday and that's by American standards. I can't cook, cleaning is low on my list of priorities, and I'm not what is typically defined as "nurturing". It seems that, in Spain, women are still expected to, like, stay at home all the time and be a housewife. The thought of that is reminiscent of my hangover from yesterday.
On the bright side, we have been searching for novioS, plural. So yeah, I don't think I'll be having a Spanish wedding anytime.
Me parece una excelente visión de la sociedad española desde un punto de vista completamente aséptico... Cientos de veces he pensado lo mismo que tú, pero... No tod@s somos así, mis hijas (y más hijos de amigos) no son como esos niños, no todos los institutos son así (no conozco el tuyo, pero lo del gallo de pelea me dio qué pensar desde la primera vez que lo leí), ... España, gracias a Dios!, no es sólo así, hay mucho más.
ReplyDeleteNo te dejes llevar por estereotipos, que entonces el estereotipo americano no te dejaría a ti en buen lugar.
Una sugerencia?:Cambia de piso, 200 euros don´t worth all the risks.