when bob smile, we smile
Today we went to a street market. It was really fun and cheap, and the best part, I think that I found out what my dad’s personal vision of heaven looks like: a giant yard sale.
Here, you could literally buy A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. I saw skis, clothing for 50 centimos, olives, scarves, earrings, more socks than a Wal-Mart typically has in stock, porn, vegetables... there was table filled with useless kitchen gadgets that are typically labeled AS SEEN ON TV. I’m pretty sure that if I wanted to purchase a child or a goat, or barter a child for a goat, this would be the ideal place to carry out such a transaction.
Ultimately, we only bought a few (very key) items. For example, we had a small miscommunication and accidentally bought 4 kilos of aguacate (avocado). Sure, you may ask what the hell will we do with 4 kilos of avocado, but for only 4 euro, who cares if I have to eat guacamole for a week? We ended up buying about 6 kilos of produce for 8 euro... and the best part is that all the veggies I will eat for the next week will have been purchased from the trunk of a car. Stay classy, España.
This is a picture of a milk crate filled with snails. I’ve spent 22 years on this planet and never before have I seen such a thing. In Spain, natch, I see not just one crate of snails but several. (PS- The woman selling the snails thought I was a joke for taking pictures of them. REALLY? You are judging me? Your occupation is selling snails on the sidewalk).
No comments:
Post a Comment