Last weekend, I went to Torre Del Mar and spent a weekend in the countryside at Toren and LC’s. In actuality, its a decent sized town, with a lot of nightlife. But I still consider it the country because I was able to fall asleep/wake up and not have the sounds of the barrio outside. Plus, I am sure that the overall crime rate is lower than that of Málaga, if we judge this entirely by whether or not I am scared of being jumped. (haha jk lolz mom)
It really was pretty relaxing to be out of the city, though. I spent the weekend being kind enough to allow Toren and LC to cook for me which was a terrific life decision. I’m considering spending some of my stipend paying for them to be my personal chefs. On Saturday, Chrystin emerged from her cave and came to play at the Velez-Málaga fería with us.
Ferías need to be instituted in America. I experienced many firsts, such as drinking out of a wine bag. Now, even though I think the last time these were regularly used was in the 19th century, I can’t believe that I have gone 22 years without owning one (that’s right, para gratis). It’s like a flask, but medieval. Awesome.
Plus, LC and Toren’s friend (haaaaaa) gave us the VIP tour of Velez-Málaga. It included a free visit to a half church/half Semana Santa Museum. The Semana Santa memorabilia was pretty insane... also, I need to Google ASAP to determine the connection between KKK and Semana Santa in Spain. I realize that pointy hats have a religious connotation here, but to see this...
...is a little unnerving.
Also, I love that Spain thinks that fire hazards are, overall, less of an issue. I mean, why haven't people in America begun to drink vodka and then breathe fire during carnivals in America?

we heart you!
ReplyDelete-t&lc