12.12.09

MJ

One of my teachers recently told me something that I found absolutely hilarious. This teacher, José Antonio, lives near me and drives me to school two days a week. We meet in front of his son’s primary school. (Also, Lucas used to not be my biggest fan... Guess who gave me a besito the other day?! Maybe I could work with children yet...nah) 


Anyways, Lucas was running all over the place and José Antonio rattles off this long sentence in Spanish, muy rapido, and all I could catch was “Michael Jackson”. So once he got Lucas under control, I asked why he was talking about Michael Jackson. Apparently, after showing him the “Thriller” music video, Lucas was so scared, José Antonio and Mrs. José Antonio would use Michael Jackson as a threat- ie, “If you don’t eat your vegetables, Michael Jackson will come and get you”. And it worked. 


My response was, “If he thought he was scary in ‘Thriller,’ you should show him pictures of MJ after he turned white and got plastic surgery”. 


Cultural exchange. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment