25.5.10

sometimes in life you need to make sacrifices...

This weekend, my grand and valiant sacrifice was to trade hygiene for a couple more pounds in my savings account. London is not a cheap city and hostels for three nights ranged from 200 to 500 pounds... um, no gracias.

We had a specific neighborhood in mind, that of Earl´s Court near Kensington, because our friend already had a reservation at a hotel in that area. Because of the hideous price tags, we postponed booking a hostel until Friday morning around 11am. Did I mention we had to be at the airport by 4pm?

Finally, we found the beautiful Barkston Garden hostel. You would think that a place with the name "Garden" in the title, wouldn´t be as terrible as it was...

I won´t go into all the detail, but I leave you with a simple "Would You Rather?" question:

Would you rather stay at a hostel where there are bed bugs or a hostel where the toilets don´t flush?

Some of us didn´t have the luxury of choosing.

1 comment:

  1. What a rip off! I can stay in london for 3 nights in a 5* hotel for £150, right by Oxford Street, close to Selfridges!!! Where the beds don't have bugs and the toilets flush!!! Petting puppies would be cheaper ;)

    ReplyDelete