23.4.10

1ESO

So I've always felt, you know, REALLY creepy bringing a camera into school. Just all those memories of having to sign all kinds of waivers or whatever to release my picture if necesario. I mean, I guess America has LAWS or whatever, so maybe things are different in Spain. 

Well, one of my teachers, Alberto had to deal with a crisis, leaving me in charge of little angels such as these: 

Times 25 or so. I spent about 30 minutes, mildly threatening them, saying "SHUT UP!" in different languages and generally trying to get them to do the work assigned. 

For the record, men reading this post, I would say that the girls in the class did double the work that the boys did, but that would imply that most of the boys did any work at all. And I would hate to lie to you, or at least I don't feel like lying to you in this particular post. The class and I came to a general consensus that girls are smarter than boys.

Once those 30 minutes or so passed on by, we started playing "The Witness Game." Basically, two kids are accused of a crime and need to come up with an alibi. One kid sits outside, the other one stays in the room, swears on a Bible or something to tell the truth, and then is prosecuted by a fellow student. Then the following student is called in and that niño is questioned.

If their stories don't match up, well, they're guilty. And then they get executed.

The girl prosecuting is probably smarter than me. 
In two languages. 
And ten years younger than me.
Shit.

I don't think that's how you sit on the witness stand.
Note the words I taught them that day: sandals, flip-flops, and partners in crime. 

Violeta now on trial. Prosecution brought in a second lawyer to examine the witness.
Prosecution watches too much CSI. 
Actual question: "Where did you find the body?"

Impressive, when you consider how much trouble they normally have with English. 




Sadly, I did not watch any executions last Tuesday. One team of criminals was found guilty, but the bell rang before they were sent to the chair. Better luck next Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment