14.4.10

falta 2 meses

I moved to Spain on August 28 and will be leaving for Boston via JFK on June 11. 

I know I just did a whole long blog post on pros and cons, likes and dislikes. But let me just say, today, TODAY, I cannot wait for June 11. Or to be more accurate, June 12, when I will be done traveling and jetlagged and laying in bed with my dogs and probably calling my dad who will be downstairs in the kitchen from my cell phone to order a breakfast sandwich (for real, Mom, buy the eggs). And then sending Mom out for Dunks iced. It sounds like I'm anticipating becoming a paraplegic, but really, just banking on squeezing every bit of joy from my arrival home out of my parents.

Anyways the reason I'm excited to go home?

NO BOMBONAS. 

If you can recall, bombonas are the magic tanks of some kind of flammable gas (SAFE) that heat our water, provide gas for the stoves, etc. Basically, what separates us from the gypsies on the street. 

And we don't have any. I got a haircut yesterday solely because I wanted clean hair. The haircut was only 7 euro, so I could totally go todos los dias, but I do not think that is a fiscally responsible solution. 

So please, cross your fingers that my bombona friends come by tomorrow yelling "BUUUUTAAAAAANNOOOOOOOOOOOO".


(Oh, the flammable gas is probably butane. Lightbulb just went on, at least there's still electricity en mi cabeza...)



No comments:

Post a Comment