Needy.
Well, I am just thrilled that tomorrow is Easter. IT MEANS SEMANA SANTA IS ALMOST OVER.
Sure, I had a week off from school (that means I worked 12 hours less than normal) and got to relax. But, I CANNOT WAIT for all these damn tourists to leave my city alone. Also, these processions are really cool to watch.... once.
What makes a procession (essentially a giant parade) different here in Spain? Well, for one, there is a specific parade route, that they enjoy so much they circle it approximately 14 times. (That number is made up.) Also, they carry this huge statue around and that shit gets HEAVY. More importantly, these parades last for about 7 hours (This number is partially based on fact. Or guesstimate, since they begin around 7-9pm and end around 3-4am.) and Spaniards smoke like chimneys. So they are attired in the KKK's finest, smoking cig's or eating a sandwich, just taking a break from lugging around Jesus.
Also, I'm pretty sure no Spaniard actually enjoys these processions. They block off the streets, essentially shutting down entire parts of the city. I'm talking about having to walk several blocks out of the way just to get from point A to point B. (Sidenote: Point A is probably a bar, Point B is probably the beach. Or a different bar.) However, if a foreigner makes a single disparaging comment about them, such as that they are all the same, or boring, or inconvenient... well, let's just say that unholy comments will be made.
And finally:
GOOD NEWS, God has stopped despising Spain and the weather has been phenomenal all week.
BAD NEWS, I think Rhode Island drowned.
No comments:
Post a Comment