26.4.10

NEW LIFE GOAL: Look like a Spaniard...

...or maybe a North African?


I am not EXACTLY certain of New England's longitudinal alignment on the globe, compared to that of Málaga. (Fact: I thought "longitudinal" was a fake word, but spell check votes yes. But, Málaga does not exist. Interesante.) However, we have had a recent stretch of beach days and I have had what can only be described as a life-changing realization.


Beach weather in Spain lasts until 7pm.


That's right, so after a strenuous day at school, even if I don't get home until the atrocious hour of 3:30pm, I can still make it to the playa for a few hours of sol.


Some more important facts that can only be learned along the Mediterranean coastline:


  • Shame, embarrassment, or vergüenza is not in the beach vocabulary. I have seen more women topless than in a women's locker room. For the record, male readers, this is not a major pull to the beaches of southern Spain. Believe me, the women who are topless are NOT the ones you are hoping to see. Ick. And the men... Speedos are just as popular here as the European stereotype would lead you to believe. I'm thinking that I might start bringing a camera to the beach just to start a new daily post, highlighting the best of the worst of the beach bodies here.
  • I have a new aspiration in life: Become one of the guys that walks the beach, selling "AGUA, CERVEZA, FANTA" from a cooler at a ridiculous markup from 20 centimos to a euro. What a great scheme. Of course, I have to work on my yelling voice, the sing-songy ones are particularly catchy.  
Anyways, I'm about to have a post-playa siesta... and then it's work, beach, sleep on repeat til June 11. 

Then... real life? joder.

No comments:

Post a Comment