Yeah, we freaking went to Mickey D's for a McFlurry.
Sure, the helado is delicioso, but sometimes, you just need something American.
I've been living in Spain for 9 months. It was due.
Also, potentially life changing fact: one of the flavors was Toblerone... I got Oreo, but I'll keep you updated.
I literally just googled and then downloaded the American McDonald's menu, in hopes of shedding some light on this situation. Snack wrap? Is that what it is?
Anyways, basically anyone who knows me knows that I'm kind of a stickler for correct grammar/punctuation/etc. WELL, living in Spain has certainly tested my patience. It seems that direct translation form Spanish to English is impossible, and in lieu of accuracy, the writers of menus, signs, and worksheets rely entirely upon guesswork and Google translate.
I can relate, I've been there. You think all those A's in Araujo's classes were based solely on brainpower and cheating? (Kidding, mis padres.) www.spanishdict.com is bookmarked and used daily, but I don't broadcast my errors to the world.
So, here's my proposal, Junta de Andalucía (aka, the government). Hire me to travel through Andalucía, or maybe España as a whole, correcting your atrocious grammar and spelling errors. First step is to eliminate the British spelling (colour? favourite? analyse? theatre? Actually, "theatre" looks pretty classy, that can stay. But the rest....? LEARNT!?) and move on from there.
And I know that tourism is a pretty big deal to you guys and you would like to draw in more Americans who would otherwise be offended by hideous grammatical errors and very confused about the overactive chicken in McDonald's, I will allow you to pay me a starting salary of 80,000 euro per year. You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment